As pet owners, we all want to ensure the health and well-being of our furry friends. However, with so much conflicting information out there, it can be difficult to know how best to care for them. One topic that often causes confusion is the use of vitamins and supplements in our pets’ diets, and the question of whether they are truly beneficial or just a passing fad. But when it comes to our beloved Shih Tzus, there are a multitude of benefits to including the right vitamins and supplements in their daily routine. From boosting their immune system and improving their coat and skin health, to supporting their bone and joint health and aiding with digestion, the advantages are clear. In this article, we will delve deeper into the importance of vitamins and supplements for Shih Tzus and explore some of the best options available.
The Benefits of Vitamins and Supplements for Shih Tzus
As a Shih Tzu owner, you want your furry friend to lead a healthy and happy life. One of the best ways to achieve this is by ensuring that your pet gets the right amount of vitamins and supplements that they need. A balanced diet alone may not provide all of the essential nutrients that your Shih Tzu needs to stay healthy. In this section, we’ll look at the benefits of including vitamins and supplements in your Shih Tzu’s diet, and how they can boost their overall health and wellbeing. Whether you’re feeding your Shih Tzu commercial dog food, homemade meals, or a combination of both, the right vitamins and supplements can make all the difference.
Boosts Immune System
Good nutrition is vital for your shih tzu’s overall health and wellbeing. One of the benefits of including vitamins and supplements in your shih tzu’s diet is that it helps boost their immune system.
A strong immune system is crucial in fighting off illnesses and diseases in dogs, just like in humans. Providing your shih tzu with the necessary vitamins and supplements can help strengthen their immune system, enabling them to fight off diseases and infections.
Here are some of the essential vitamins and supplements that can help boost your shih tzu’s immune system:
|Vitamins and Supplements||Benefits||Food Sources|
|Vitamin C||Helps prevent infections and reduces inflammation in the body.||Oranges, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, and spinach.|
|Vitamin E||Boosts the immune system and protects the body against free radicals.||Almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, broccoli, and avocado.|
|Vitamin A||Helps fight infections and supports the immune system.||Sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, eggs, and liver.|
|Probiotics||Helps maintain a healthy gut and balance of good bacteria, which leads to a stronger immune system.||Yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, and kimchi.|
|Zinc||Helps regulate the immune system and reduce inflammation in the body.||Beef, lamb, pumpkin seeds, and lentils.|
It’s important to note that while vitamins and supplements are beneficial for your shih tzu’s immune system, they should not replace a healthy and balanced diet. A proper diet, along with supplements and vitamins, helps to ensure that your shih tzu stays healthy and happy.
For more information on shih tzu nutrition and diet, check out our article on the best diet for your shih tzu.
Improves Coat and Skin Health
Maintaining a Shih Tzu’s coat and skin can be a challenging task. However, incorporating vitamins and supplements into your furry friend’s diet can drastically improve coat and skin health. Here are some benefits of adding vitamins and supplements to your Shih Tzu’s diet for improved coat and skin health:
- Omega-3 fatty acids help to keep the skin hydrated, thereby preventing dryness and itchiness. These acids also help reduce inflammation that can cause skin irritation in your Shih Tzu. You can find these fatty acids in supplements such as fish oil or flaxseed oil.
- Zinc and biotin are crucial for maintaining a healthy coat. Biotin helps to strengthen hair follicles and promote hair growth, while zinc supports the immune system, allowing hair to grow thick and healthy. Both of these vitamins can be found in a variety of supplements, including multivitamins formulated specifically for dogs.
- Vitamin E is essential for healthy skin as it has antioxidant properties. This vitamin can help protect your Shih Tzu’s skin from damage caused by solar radiation and other toxins. You can add Vitamin E to your Shih Tzu’s diet through natural sources such as eggs, spinach, and sunflower seeds.
Some Shih Tzus might suffer from skin allergies, which can cause itching, inflammation, and hair loss. In such cases, adding supplements with specific ingredients such as hydrolyzed protein or omega-6 fatty acids to your Shih Tzu’s diet can alleviate the symptoms. However, it’s important to discuss your Shih Tzu’s specific needs with your veterinarian. They can help identify the ideal vitamins and supplements to improve your pup’s coat and skin health.
To learn more about feeding your Shih Tzu a nutritious and balanced diet that includes the right vitamins and supplements for them, check out our article on the best diet for Shih Tzu. Additionally, if your Shih Tzu is dealing with food allergies, you can also look into our article on Shih Tzu food allergies to understand what foods to avoid and the best food options to consider.
Supports Bone and Joint Health
Supporting bone and joint health is another significant benefit of including vitamins and supplements in your Shih Tzu’s diet. As small and active dogs, Shih Tzus are often prone to bone and joint problems, especially as they age. This makes it essential for pet parents to focus on their bone and joint health to ensure their Shih Tzu’s mobility and flexibility.
There are several vitamins and supplements that can help prevent and manage bone and joint issues in Shih Tzus. Here are some of them:
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: These supplements are commonly used in dogs to reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and improve joint health. They are also known to reduce the progression of osteoarthritis, a common joint disease in older dogs. Make sure to consult with your veterinarian before giving your Shih Tzu these supplements, as the dosage and type of supplement may vary depending on their individual needs.
- Calcium: Calcium is a vital nutrient for maintaining strong bones in dogs. As such, it is important to ensure that your Shih Tzu receives enough calcium in their diet, especially if they are still growing. You may want to consider adding calcium supplements to their daily routine, but make sure not to overdo it, as excess calcium can lead to health problems in dogs.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is crucial for bone health, as it helps the body absorb and use calcium. While some dog food brands include vitamin D in their products, adding more through supplements can be beneficial, especially for older or senior Shih Tzus who may have trouble processing it from sunlight.
Additionally, incorporating more exercise and physical activity into your Shih Tzu’s routine can also help promote their bone and joint health. Activities like short walks or playtime sessions can help strengthen their muscles and joints, which in turn, can aid in preventing or reducing the risk of future bone and joint problems.
Remember to consult with your veterinarian before introducing any supplements or vitamins into your Shih Tzu’s diet. They can provide expert guidance on dosages, products, and potential interactions with other medications. Also, make sure to provide your Shih Tzu with a balanced diet that includes high-quality protein, healthy fats, and other essential nutrients that support their overall health.
Helps with Digestion
Proper digestion is vital to every Shih Tzu’s overall health and wellbeing. A healthy digestive system ensures that the body can absorb all necessary nutrients, while also eliminating waste and toxins that can be harmful. However, it’s not uncommon for Shih Tzus to experience digestive issues such as diarrhea, constipation, and bloating. This is where vitamins and supplements can come in handy.
Probiotics and digestive enzymes are two types of supplements that can help improve digestive health in Shih Tzus. Probiotics contain good bacteria that can help balance the gut’s microbiome, which is essential for proper digestion. Digestive enzymes, on the other hand, can assist in breaking down food and promote the efficient absorption of nutrients.
Another supplement that can aid in digestion is coconut oil. It contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are easily digested and used as a source of energy by the body, while also supporting the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
In addition to supplements, certain foods can also help with digestion. For example, adding pumpkin to a Shih Tzu’s diet can promote healthy digestion and relieve constipation. On the other hand, it’s important to avoid foods that can be difficult for Shih Tzus to digest, such as dairy products and fatty, greasy foods. You can find a list of foods to avoid in our article “Shih Tzu Foods to Avoid“.
Remember, a Shih Tzu’s feeding schedule and diet play a major role in their digestion. Free feeding or overfeeding can lead to digestive issues. You can read more about it in our article “Free Feeding Shih Tzu: Pros and Cons“. So, when choosing the right vitamins and supplements for your Shih Tzu, it’s important to consider their diet and speak to your vet about what would be best for their specific needs.
Manages and Prevents Diseases
Including vitamins and supplements in your Shih Tzu’s diet can also help manage and prevent certain diseases. Here are some examples of how supplements can benefit your furry friend’s health:
|Glucosamine and Chondroitin||Can manage and prevent joint diseases such as arthritis and improve mobility.|
|Probiotics||Can prevent gastrointestinal problems and regulate bowel movements.|
|Vitamin C||Can prevent gum disease and reduce inflammation in the body.|
|Vitamin E||May prevent cataracts and other eye problems.|
|Cranberry Supplements||Can prevent urinary tract infections, which are common in Shih Tzus.|
As you can see, incorporating certain supplements into your Shih Tzu’s diet can provide a wide range of benefits, including preventing and managing diseases. Of course, it’s important to consult with your vet before adding any supplements to your dog’s diet, as some can interact with medications or cause unwanted side effects.
If you’re looking for more information on feeding your Shih Tzu a healthy diet, be sure to check out our article on how to properly feed your Shih Tzu.
Types of Vitamins and Supplements for Your Shih Tzu
Now that you understand why it is important to include vitamins and supplements in your Shih Tzu’s diet, let’s take a closer look at the different types of nutritional additions that can benefit your furry friend. From essential vitamins to digestive enzymes and joint supplements, there is a wide range of options available to support your pup’s health and well-being. With so many choices, it can be difficult to know where to start. Fortunately, we’ve put together a guide to help you choose the right vitamins and supplements for your beloved Shih Tzu.
Our furry friends need essential vitamins to maintain their overall health and wellbeing. These vitamins are essential as they cannot be produced by the body naturally and must come from external sources such as food and supplements. Here are some essential vitamins that your Shih Tzu should have in their diet:
|Vitamin A||Improves vision, immune system, skin, and coat health||Carrots, sweet potatoes, liver, eggs, and fish oil|
|Vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12)||Aids in energy metabolism, supports immune system and brain function, contributes to healthy skin and coat, and assists in digestion||Meat, fish, poultry, whole grains, legumes, and green leafy vegetables|
|Vitamin C||Boosts immune system, promotes collagen production, and aids in tissue repair and wound healing||Berries, citrus fruits, broccoli, cauliflower, and leafy greens|
|Vitamin D||Maintains healthy bones and teeth, supports immune system, and improves overall health and wellbeing||Sun exposure and fatty fish like salmon and tuna|
|Vitamin E||Acts as an antioxidant to prevent cell damage, supports immune system, and promotes healthy skin and coat||Vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, and leafy greens|
It’s important to note that providing excessive amounts of some of these vitamins can actually do more harm than good. It’s essential to consult with a vet to determine the proper dosage and ensure they are receiving balanced nutrition.
Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes
Probiotics and digestive enzymes are two supplements that can greatly benefit the digestive system of your Shih Tzu. Here are some reasons why they are important:
- Better Nutrient Absorption: By adding digestive enzymes to your dog’s diet, you can help break down their food into smaller, more easily absorbed pieces. This means that your Shih Tzu will be able to extract more nutrients from their food, leading to better overall health.
- Healthy Gut: Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that live in the gut and help to regulate digestion. By adding a probiotic supplement to your dog’s diet, you can help to populate their gut with healthy bacteria, which can lead to better digestive health.
- Treat Digestive Issues: Adding probiotics and digestive enzymes to your dog’s diet can also help to alleviate digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, and diarrhea. These supplements work to optimize your dog’s digestive function, leading to a healthier and happier pup.
It’s important to note that not all probiotics and digestive enzymes are created equal. Look for supplements that specifically list the strains and types of enzymes and probiotics they contain. Additionally, always consult with your veterinarian before adding any new supplements to your Shih Tzu’s diet, as they may have specific recommendations based on your dog’s individual needs.
Joint supplements are a type of vitamin or supplement that can provide benefits to your Shih Tzu’s mobility and overall joint health. These supplements are particularly helpful for older dogs or those with existing joint problems.
Here are some of the most common joint supplements for Shih Tzus:
- Glucosamine: This is a naturally occurring compound that can help maintain joint health and prevent deterioration. It can also reduce inflammation in joints.
- Chondroitin: This supplement works together with glucosamine to provide better joint health benefits. It helps to reduce inflammation and prevent cartilage breakdown in the joints.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM): This supplement can help reduce inflammation, improve joint flexibility, and alleviate pain caused by arthritis.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: While not technically a joint supplement, omega-3 fatty acids can help improve joint health by reducing inflammation in the body. They can also improve skin and coat health.
When choosing a joint supplement for your Shih Tzu, keep these tips in mind:
- Choose a supplement that contains at least glucosamine and chondroitin, as these are the most effective joint supplements.
- Make sure the supplement is specifically formulated for dogs, as human supplements may contain ingredients that are toxic to dogs.
- Read reviews and do your research on the brand before purchasing a supplement.
- Be patient – joint supplements can take several weeks or even months to see results.
By incorporating joint supplements into your Shih Tzu’s diet, you can help keep them active and mobile for years to come. However, it’s important to consult with your vet before adding any new supplements to your dog’s diet to ensure that they are safe and appropriate for your specific pup.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 fatty acids are a type of healthy fat that is essential for a Shih Tzu’s overall well-being. They are known to promote healthy skin, a shiny coat, and improve joint health. They can also aid in reducing inflammation, which is beneficial for dogs with arthritis or joint pain.
Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids for Shih Tzus
Omega 3 fatty acids play a crucial role in various aspects of a Shih Tzu’s health. Here are some of the many benefits:
|Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids|
|Improves skin and coat health|
|Boosts heart health|
|Reduces joint pain and stiffness|
Shih Tzus who suffer from skin allergies or dry skin can benefit significantly from omega 3 fatty acids. These healthy fats have anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe skin conditions and promote a healthy coat. Additionally, omega 3s can also help reduce shedding, which can be a significant concern for pet parents.
While omega 3 fatty acids are beneficial for improving skin and coat health, they can also promote cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart disease.
Omega 3 fatty acids also have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help alleviate joint pain and stiffness, making it an excellent supplement for senior dogs who suffer from arthritis.
Sources of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
The primary sources of omega 3 fatty acids include fish oil, flaxseed oil, and krill oil. Adding these oils to your Shih Tzu’s diet can provide numerous health benefits.
Omega 3 fatty acids are considered one of the most essential supplements for maintaining a Shih Tzu’s overall health. It is important to note that while omega 3s provide significant health benefits, it is crucial to consult with your veterinarian before adding them to your dog’s diet. Your vet can advise you on the right dosage and ensure that it won’t interfere with any medications or health conditions.
Coconut oil is a natural source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are beneficial for your Shih Tzu’s health. MCTs are easily digestible and can provide a quick source of energy for your furry friend. They can also aid in weight management and improve their overall mood and cognitive function. Here are some benefits of adding coconut oil to your Shih Tzu’s diet:
- Improved Skin and Coat Health: The consumption of coconut oil can help prevent dry skin and dandruff in Shih Tzus. It can also promote a healthy and shiny coat.
- Boosted Immune System: Coconut oil can help strengthen your Shih Tzu’s immune system, reducing the risk of infections and diseases.
- Aid in Digestion: The MCTs in coconut oil can aid in better digestion and nutrient absorption in your Shih Tzu’s gut.
- Brain Health: MCTs can cross the blood-brain barrier and provide quick energy to the brain, improving cognitive function and memory in Shih Tzus.
When incorporating coconut oil into your Shih Tzu’s diet, it’s important to start with a small amount and gradually increase it to avoid digestive upset. Start with 1/4 teaspoon per day and gradually increase the amount to no more than 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight per day. It’s important to note that while coconut oil can be beneficial, it should not be the sole source of nutrition for your Shih Tzu.
If you have any concerns about adding coconut oil to your Shih Tzu’s diet or any other supplements, it’s always best to consult with your veterinarian first to ensure that your furry friend receives the right amount and type of supplements specific to their needs.
Cranberry supplements are an excellent addition to your Shih Tzu’s diet. These supplements are made from cranberries, which contain a wide range of nutrients that are essential for your dog’s well-being. Here are some benefits of cranberry supplements for your Shih Tzu:
- Prevents Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs): Cranberry supplements are rich in proanthocyanidins, which prevent harmful bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract. This makes it difficult for the bacteria to multiply and cause an infection. Regular supplementation of cranberry supplements can help prevent UTIs in your Shih Tzu.
- Reduces Inflammation: Cranberry supplements contain flavonoids and antioxidants that help reduce inflammation in the body. This makes them useful in managing various health conditions such as arthritis, allergies, and skin irritations.
- Boosts Immune System: Cranberries are a rich source of vitamin C, which is known to boost the immune system. Proper supplementation with cranberry supplements helps to keep your Shih Tzu’s immune system strong and healthy.
- Improves Digestion: The fiber in the cranberry supplements helps in maintaining healthy digestion for your Shih Tzu. This makes it easier for your dog to pass waste and prevent constipation, which can make them uncomfortable and distressed.
- Promotes Oral Health: Cranberry supplements contain compounds that can help prevent bacteria from sticking to teeth and gums. This leads to better oral health for your Shih Tzu.
Note that while cranberry supplements offer many benefits, they are not a substitute for proper medical care. Always consult your vet before introducing new supplements to your Shih Tzu’s diet. With the right guidance and care, cranberry supplements can help support your Shih Tzu’s overall health and well-being.
How to Choose the Right Vitamins and Supplements for Your Shih Tzu
With so many options of vitamins and supplements on the market, choosing the right one for your Shih Tzu may seem overwhelming. However, it’s important to select supplements that will cater to your pup’s individual needs, and it’s not a one-size-fits-all approach. Here are some factors to consider when deciding on the best vitamins and supplements for your furry friend.
Consider Their Diet
When choosing vitamins and supplements for your Shih Tzu, it’s important to consider their diet. This means taking a close look at the type and amount of food they eat on a regular basis. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Nutritional Value: Consider the nutrients your Shih Tzu is already getting from their food. Are they getting enough protein, carbohydrates, and fats? Are they getting the right balance of vitamins and minerals? A high-quality dog food brand will usually provide all the necessary nutrients but adding supplements can help support their health further.
- Dietary Restrictions: Does your Shih Tzu have any dietary restrictions or allergies? For example, some dogs may be allergic to grains or certain types of protein. Take note of these restrictions when selecting vitamins and supplements to ensure they don’t negatively affect your dog’s health.
- Age and Activity Level: A Shih Tzu puppy will have different nutritional needs than an adult dog. Similarly, an active dog will require more calories and certain types of nutrients than a less active one. Keep these factors in mind when choosing supplements.
- Health Conditions: Is your Shih Tzu currently dealing with any health conditions that may benefit from certain supplements? For example, joint supplements may be helpful for an older dog with arthritis.
Taking the time to consider your Shih Tzu’s diet when choosing vitamins and supplements can help ensure they receive the proper nutrition to support their health and well-being. Consult with your veterinarian to determine which supplements would be the most beneficial for your furry friend based on their individual needs.
Identify Their Specific Needs
When it comes to identifying the specific needs of your Shih Tzu, it’s important to assess their individual health concerns and lifestyle. Taking into account their age, activity level, and any ongoing health issues, will help you determine which vitamins and supplements would be most beneficial. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Age: Puppies, adult dogs, and senior dogs have different nutritional needs. For example, a puppy may require more calcium for bone growth compared to an adult or senior dog.
- Activity Level: The level of exercise or activity your Shih Tzu engages in can affect their nutritional needs. A highly active dog may require more protein to support their muscle development and recovery.
- Health Issues: If your Shih Tzu has a health concern, such as joint pain or digestive issues, there are specific supplements that can target and alleviate those problems. For instance, a joint supplement with glucosamine and chondroitin can be beneficial for dogs with arthritis, while probiotics can help improve digestive health.
- Diet: Consider your Shih Tzu’s regular diet and any potential nutrient deficiencies. If they consume a high-quality dog food that meets their nutritional requirements, they may not need additional vitamins or supplements. However, if their diet is lacking in certain areas, supplementation may be necessary.
By identifying your Shih Tzu’s specific needs, you can choose the right combination of vitamins and supplements to promote their overall health and wellbeing. Consulting with your veterinarian can also provide insight into any additional health concerns or dietary requirements your dog may have. Taking a proactive approach to their nutrition can help your Shih Tzu live a longer, healthier life with you by their side.
Consult with Your Vet
While there are many benefits to including vitamins and supplements in your Shih Tzu’s diet, it is important to remember that not all supplements are suitable for every dog. It’s important to consult with your vet before starting any supplement regimen.
Your vet will be able to provide you with valuable information about the specific health needs of your Shih Tzu. Additionally, they can help you identify any underlying medical conditions or potential drug interactions that may prevent your furry friend from safely taking certain supplements.
Consulting with your vet can also help you choose the right dosage and form of supplements for your dog. Some supplements may be more effective in a liquid or chewable form, while others may be better suited as a powder or capsule. Your vet can help you decide which form of supplement will be easiest for your Shih Tzu to consume and absorb.
In some cases, your vet may even be able to recommend supplements that are only available through prescription. These types of supplements may be necessary for dogs with specific health conditions or deficiencies.
Consulting with your vet is crucial for ensuring the safety and efficacy of any supplements you decide to include in your Shih Tzu’s diet. By working with your vet, you can create a supplement regimen that is tailored to your dog’s specific needs and helps them live a happy and healthy life.
|Why consult with your vet?||Benefits of consulting with your vet|
|Identify specific health needs of your Shih Tzu||Ensure safety of supplements|
|Identify underlying medical conditions||Prevent potential drug interactions|
|Choose the right dosage and form of supplements||Recommend prescription-only supplements for specific health conditions or deficiencies|
|Create a supplement regimen tailored to your Shih Tzu’s needs|
Taking care of your Shih Tzu means giving them the best possible nutrition to maintain their overall health and well-being. The inclusion of vitamins and supplements in their diet is a crucial aspect of their nutrition that should not be overlooked. Supplementing their diet with these essential nutrients helps to ensure that they receive the right amount of micronutrients that they need to stay healthy.
From boosting their immune system, improving their coat and skin health, supporting their bone and joint health, helping with digestion, to managing and preventing diseases, the benefits of including vitamins and supplements in your Shih Tzu’s diet are vast. Whether your Shih Tzu is young or old, these nutrients are vital for their health.
When it comes to selecting the right vitamins and supplements for your Shih Tzu, it’s important to consider their diet, identify their specific needs, and consult with your vet. This will ensure that you choose the right supplement that addresses their specific needs and doesn’t interfere with their overall health.
In conclusion, providing your Shih Tzu with the necessary vitamins and supplements is a significant contribution to their health and longevity. It’s essential to remember that not all supplements are created equal, and consulting with your vet is always the best approach to ensure they receive the proper nutrients specific to their needs. Make the right choices and invest in your Shih Tzu’s health and well-being today. Your furry companion will thank you for it with many years of happy and healthy companionship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Shih Tzus benefit from taking vitamins and supplements?
Yes, including vitamins and supplements in your Shih Tzu’s diet can provide many benefits for their overall health and well-being.
What are some benefits of adding vitamins and supplements to a Shih Tzu’s diet?
Some benefits include improved immune system, better coat and skin health, stronger bones and joints, improved digestion, and managing/preventing diseases.
What are essential vitamins for Shih Tzus?
Essential vitamins for Shih Tzus include vitamins A, D, E, and K, as well as B-complex vitamins.
What are probiotics and why should I consider giving them to my Shih Tzu?
Probiotics are live microorganisms that reside in the gut and can improve digestion and overall gut health. They can also help with immune system function.
What are digestive enzymes and why should I consider giving them to my Shih Tzu?
Digestive enzymes help break down food and can improve nutrient absorption. They can also help alleviate digestive issues like bloating and gas.
Can joint supplements be beneficial for my Shih Tzu?
Yes, joint supplements can provide support for your Shih Tzu’s bones and joints, especially as they age or develop joint issues.
What are omega 3 fatty acids and why should I consider giving them to my Shih Tzu?
Omega 3 fatty acids are a type of healthy fat that can improve coat and skin health, as well as eye and brain function.
Can coconut oil be beneficial for my Shih Tzu?
Yes, coconut oil can provide many benefits for Shih Tzus, including improved skin and coat health, digestive support, and immune system function.
What are cranberry supplements and why would my Shih Tzu need them?
Cranberry supplements can help prevent and manage urinary tract infections in Shih Tzus.
Is it important to consult with a veterinarian before adding vitamins and supplements to my Shih Tzu’s diet?
Yes, it’s important to consult with a veterinarian to ensure that your Shih Tzu’s specific needs are being met and to prevent any potential negative interactions with medication or underlying health conditions.